Starting a new series of posts here at Uruguay Expat Life, with just the basics. We get lots of questions in our email, social media. and other channels. Much of it keeps coming back to some of the same questions. Our several years of posts have touched on most of the regular questions, but have been in the context of larger stories, anecdotes, photo essays, commentary on news articles, or other topics.
Let’s start with some real basics. These will get admittedly simplified answers, but are some of our top questions we get directly, or see others asking on Uruguay-related sites.
Basic questions about moving to Uruguay:
- Can I visit Uruguay?
- Can I move to Uruguay?
- How much money do you need to have to move to Uruguay?
- What do I have to do to move to Uruguay?
- Can I bring my household items to Uruguay?
- Will my <fill in the blank> work in Uruguay?
- Can I bring my car to Uruguay?
- Can I bring my pet to Uruguay?
- Can I use my credit/debit cards in Uruguay?
- Can I get a bank account in Uruguay?
Each of those is worth a “basics” or a longer, full, post, by themselves. Many of them Lisa and I have addressed in existing posts, so please search via your favorite search engine, or the handy on-site search widget at the top of every page. Also look for our posts at our social networks, which have handy widgets on the sidebar to help you get to them. But let’s take a quick shot at each.